Thursday, July 2, 2009

Saying Goodbye...(a therapeutic post)

Well, they're packed and we've said our goodbyes. I remember thinking on Max and Jenny's wedding day back in Jan. of '08 how hard the day they moved was going to be, but also thinking, "It's a ways off." As it turns out, I hit it right on the head with that first thought but I missed the mark with the second. But wasn't their wedding just yesterday?? (For that matter, wasn't it just yesterday that Jenny and I were running around in our PJ's toting rubber ducky and dancing to Linus and Lucy??)
Time sure has a way of passing. Good times always pass too quickly and hard times have that talent of feeling like they last longer than they should :-p Seasons come and seasons go. And just when we think that the next chapter couldn't possibly be as good as the last, God says, "If you trust me, I can make it better than the last." This day is definitely one where we are turning a page and beginning a new chapter. And though we cry and watch with tear-streaked faces as a season closes we cling to the promise of God's comfort and perfect plan that says, "we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28, NIV)
My darling sister: I miss you....I miss you SO much....I LOVE you so much.....and I can't wait to come visit you, Max, and the Graham man in Oklahoma. Goodbye my best friend (hugs and kisses).

(blogger isn't allowing me to rearrange my photos, so here they are in a rather random order)

watching them drive away





sisters .....best friends






Ranger shows signs of the general morale

sunrise over the hilltop





goodbye sweet boy xoxoxoxoxox *sniff*







getting in as many snuggles as is humanly possible




"so loooong, fare weeeeell......goodbyyyyyye!"





off they go!



Graham - unaware of the number of hours he'll be spending in that seat over the next few days

getting the car onto the trailer


And then to finish......some pictures of the cutest baby there is: the Graham burger (would you like a roll with that? :-p)












"you've got the cutest little baby face..."

2 comments:

Jenny Parish said...

I love you so much, Kaylee! What a beautiful post. Come see me soon!

Missing you already,
Jenny

teters4 said...

Lori, just saw your update on Max and Jenny on Robynn's blog. Oh transitions are so hard sometimes, but we always look back (well usually!) and say, "It was good and God was good in the midst of it." Looking forward to their pictures! ~Reginia